Intellectual Property Resources
- Intellectual Property Guide – This SBTDC-published guide is intended for the independent inventor or small company looking for knowledge on how to develop new ideas into licensable patents or commercial products. The book answers common questions and provides guidance on commercializing an invention.
- US Patent and Trademark Office and FAQs
- US Copyright Office
University-based Offices of Technology Transfer in NC
While they operate under different names, many of our universities have offices that assist faculty and staff with invention disclosures, intellectual property, and technology transfer. These offices also maintain lists of technologies that are available for license.
- UNC System Patent/Copyright Policies
- NC State University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- East Carolina University
- NC A&T State University
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Wake Forest University
- Duke University