SBTDC’s GCAP team of Certified Procurement Professionals offers trusted advice and technical assistance to procurement ready small and midsize business owners and their managers. Our goal is to help small and midsize businesses improve their competitiveness, profitability, and overall business success through government contracting.
SBTDC Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC)
- Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC)
- National Contracting Management Association (NCMA)
How We Help You
Evaluate the process for identifying opportunities, assessing the environment and implementing winning strategies to capture business opportunities.
Navigate government contact performance issues (negotiating with an agency, defining a cost-accounting system, developing quality requirement standard plans, assistance with regulatory reporting and auditing).
Provide guidance on complex government procurement processes, procedures, and regulations addressed in the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), and CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).
Perform in-depth financial analysis with attention to costing and pricing strategies, permanent working capital needs, sources of funds and profitability strategies.
We work closely with our federal, state, and local partners to provide small and medium sized businesses with exceptional resources and professional advisory services.
Our primary partners include:
- SBA Veterans Business Outreach Center
- SBA Women’s Business Centers
- NC Military Business Center
- Defense Alliance of North Carolina
- Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
- NC State Industry Expansion Solutions
- NC Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- NC Small Business Center Network
- National Contract Management Association