The North Carolina Government Contracting Assistance Program (GCAP) educates business associates on how to obtain contracts by providing comprehensive assistance in selling products and services to local, state and federal government agencies.
The core of the Government Contracting Assistance Program is confidential, one-on-one counseling, offered free of charge. The GCAP counselors located throughout North Carolina can help you:
- Complete mandatory/beneficial registrations
- Search government databases to identify opportunities
- Research contracts award histories
- Prepare capability statements
- Understand solicitation requirements and terminology
- Locate specifications and standards
- Review bids and proposals
- Identify eligibility for economic development programs and complete applicable certifications
- Address contract performance issues and prepare for audits
- Provide “up to the minute” information on government procurement processes and procedures
Client Success Story
Mind Your Business Inc. (MYB) is a leading provider of background investigations, EEO investigations and drug screening services. MYB has worked with NC GCAP since 2005, and counselors have helped them with registrations, business development program certifications, requirements of specific solicitations, bid and proposal documents, strategic planning, 8(a) Program application support, and other topics.
MYB has achieved impressive results in government sales, including a GSA schedule contract for background screening and EEO services, 8(a) certification, and countless contract awards across a broad range of Federal, state and local agencies. MYB has experienced a 114% growth in the past three years and government contracting has been critical to that success.
I have been using some of the tools and helpful information PTAC provided and have almost doubled our federal business sales from last year.
– Charlotte, NC
We would never have been awarded our first government contract had it not been for the assistance we got from PTAC.
– Edenton, NC
Just knowing that we had someone knowledgeable in federal procurement to guide us as needed gave us peace of mind.
– Raleigh, NC
My counselor deftly guided me through the various applications and certification processes to make me eligible to bid on government contracts. I now have a big new pool of viable job opportunities to pursue, and a much brighter attitude.
– Asheville, NC