Sign up here to receive our newsletters
- SBIR/STTR Agency Open Funding Opportunities August 7, 2023A plethora of SBIR/STTR funding opportunities are either open now or will be in the near future. Below are several opportunities with links to the agency funding websites. NIH The PHS 2023-2 omnibus solicitations of the NIH, CDC, and FDA for the ...Read more »
- North Carolina’s SBIR/STTR Award Data Trends August 7, 2023North Carolina’s small innovation-based companies reaped the benefits of the federal SBIR/STTR programs to the tune of $158M in 2022, a gain of 178% compared to ten years earlier. In total, 114 companies secured SBIR/STTR funding through a combination of ...Read more »
- Bob Weston Retires After 14 Year Career with SBTDC July 25, 2023Throughout his tenure at the SBTDC, Bob Weston has worn many hats. He joined the organization in 2009 as a counselor on the Strategy and Organization Development (SOD) Team that was put together to help NC businesses weather the 2008 ...Read more »
- Award Winning Clients April 19, 2023Three SBTDC were recognized for excellence in the last month.Read more »
Mojotone CEO named SBA’s NC Small Business Person of the YearSBTDC client Mojotone’s CEO was named the SBA’s 2023 NC Small Business Person of the Year. Michael ...
- Music as a Business 101 April 19, 2023By Clay Howard, SBTDC Regional Center Director and accomplished musician A business based in music differs in many ways from other businesses, with the number one difference being that, in music, most likely the product you are selling is YOU – ...Read more »
- Burnout fueling turnover – and having significant impact on entrepreneurship April 18, 2023Source: Triangle Business Journal Burned out American workers frustrated by their 9-to-5 jobs are launching side hustles and full-blown businesses — part of a dramatic change in the business ecosystem brought about in part by the Covid-19 pandemic. That was a ...Read more »