News and updates from the SBTDC’s Boone and Hickory offices.
- App State’s SBTDC was a ‘first responder’ for small businesses during the pandemic Jun 24 2021(via Jan Todd, Appalachian Today) Appalachian State University’s Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) served as a “first responder” during the pandemic ...Read more »
- SBTDC: Making Major Impacts to Small and Mid-Size Business Owners Sep 12 2019Business owners are more likely to think about the day-to-day activities than to think about past performance in order to plan for the future. Here at the SBTDC, we grow businesses ...Read more »
- 2018 Carole Moore McLeod Entrepreneur Summit Dec 5 2018The Appalachian State University Transportation Insight Center for Entrepreneurship hosted the 15th Annual Carole McLeod Entrepreneur Summit on November 2, 2018. The day-long event brought hundreds of ...Read more »
- Are you ready for digital marketing? Dec 5 2018In order to be successful in digital marketing, it is important to start with a solid foundation. Make sure to tackle these first four steps before determining your messaging and platforms. Set Goals Ask yourself, “What ...Read more »
- Conflict Resolution Dec 5 2018True story: There were three men operating a small exporting business (we’ll call it XYZ, LLP). XYZ would procure and ship U.S.-made equipment and supplies to companies and governments in other ...Read more »
- Great Year-End Habits of Entrepreneurs Dec 5 2018
Adapted from: https://www.inc.com/marla-tabaka/heres-your-guide-to-a-smart-year-end-businessreview.html
Entrepreneurs are more likely to plan the future than evaluate the past. But how can you fix something when you don’t know it’s broken? How will you celebrate achievements when you don’t realize how ...