The highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program is a Federal funding opportunity with over $2 billion available to support research and development projects. The complementary Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program uses a similar approach to fund public/private sector partnerships between small businesses and universities or research institutions.
- Learn more about the SBIR Program
- Learn more about the STTR Program
- Learn more about the differences between the SBIR and STTR programs
- Search for topics at the ZYN SBIR Gateway
- Get Registered
SBTDC Technology Commercialization’s SBIR Services
- Personalized one-on-one counseling to determine how to effectively incorporate the SBIR/STTR mechanism into your funding strategy
- Identify appropriate agencies and topics for your technology
- Stay on top of approaching deadlines
- Comprehensive proposal reviews offered to clients at no-charge
- Periodic SBIR/STTR workshops held in-person across the state
- Webinars and online SBIR/STTR training
- Online resources
- Email updates
If you would like assistance or have questions about our SBIR/STTR services, contact our SBIR/STTR Program Specialist or your region’s Technology Commercialization counselor.