The SBTDC’s International Business Development (IBD) team assists small and midsize businesses with export planning and global business matters. The goal is to increase the number of businesses that are exporting and to assist existing exporters with increasing their foreign market sales.
The SBTDC’s counselors are highly experienced Certified Global Business Professionals (CGBP). The SBTDC serves as the official EXIM Bank Regional Export Promotion Program and NASBITE Accredited Training Program. The SBTDC’s IBD Program has received the President’s E-Award and E-Star Award.
How We Help You
Global Business Management
- Evaluate export readiness for “new to export” clients
- Develop strategies and tactics for exporting
- Identify potential export markets and customers
- Locate and evaluate potential export sales representatives
Supply Chain Management
- Understand basic logistics including foreign freight forwarders
- Research and evaluate supply-chain options
- Financial analysis, costing, pricing, budgeting, and forecasting
- Technical assistance with SBA and Ex-Im finance options
Networking & Resources Referral
- Industry networking opportunities through special events
- Provide research, publications, and training programs