The SBTDC’s experienced and knowledgeable business counselors are equipped to help you with a wide variety of business problems, issues, and challenges. Our clients say that working with the SBTDC has helped them achieve:
Managing a business means making serious and difficult decisions; but you don’t have to do it alone. The SBTDC’s management counselors provide one-on-one assistance to help you:
- Review, confirm and enhance your current plans
- Discover and evaluate new opportunities
- Acquire new ideas
All of this is designed so that you can make the best decisions possible for your business.
The better the information you have, the greater chance you have of outperforming your competitors. The SBTDC has experienced counselors, specialized market research staff, and numerous research databases to help you obtain better information.
We can provide you with the knowledge and data to:
- Better understand existing customers
- Find new customers
- Recognize direct and indirect competitors
- Identify industry trends
- Assess your location or trade area
- Learn operational tips and best practices (human resources, marketing, management)
Better Financial Performance
Everyone wants their business to be more profitable. The SBTDC can help you to:
- Understand your financial data and reports
- Analyze your costs and revenues
- Identify problem areas
- Develop a plan for improvement
- Prepare financial projections
Using our knowledge and experience, along with the latest analytical tools, the SBTDC can help you assess your current financial performance and recognize opportunities to increase your bottom line.
Better Access to Capital and Markets
Obtaining financing and contracts for your business can be difficult and fiercely competitive. It helps to have someone with the experience to navigate the waters and increase your chances of success. The SBTDC specializes in helping businesses access and prepare for:
- Bank loans
- Federal, state and local government contracts
- Federal research and development funding
- Equity capital investment
- International export financing
The SBTDC can help you select and pursue the best approach to growing your business.
Better Employee Performance
Are your employees and managers as efficient and productive as they should be? The SBTDC has the experience and tool sets to help you:
- Strengthen leadership and management skills
- Identify and develop new leaders
- Refine processes to improve performance
- Enhance communications and team performance
Better Future Direction
You may see a need to revitalize your business—or you may be assessing how to better position your business for the future. The SBTDC can help you develop and implement strategies to:
- Address short-term turnaround needs
- Create or expand markets
- Improve or create products and services
- Reposition your business long-term
- Address leadership or ownership succession
The SBTDC’s services are designed to save you time and accelerate your plans for a better future.
Contact your local SBTDC to learn more about how we can assist you.