- EXIM Global Opportunities and Resources Webinar May 21, 2020Please join the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) and our Regional Export Promotion Program partner North Carolina’s Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) for a virtual session about growing your international sales and entering new foreign markets with confidence.
• Offer credit terms to your foreign buyers.
• Access funds ... Read more »
- Letters of Credit & Cash Against Documents – Webinar May 18, 2020
Documentary letters of credit or documentary collections or drafts are often used to protect the interests of both buyer and seller. These two methods require that payment be made on presentation of documents conveying the title and showing that specific steps have been taken. Read more »
- Methods of Payment & Lender Relationships – Webinar May 18, 2020
There are several ways in which you can receive payment when selling your products abroad, depending on how trustworthy you consider the buyer to be. The same commercial bank services used to finance domestic activities, including revolving lines of credit for working capital, are often sought to finance export sales until payment is received.
Read more »
- Incoterms & Freight Forwarding – Webinar May 18, 2020
The most commonly applied terms of sale in the global marketplace are the international commercial terms, or Incoterms. These are issued by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Freight forwarders assist exporters in preparing price quotations by advising on freight costs, port charges, consular fees, costs of special documentation, insurance costs, and the freight forwarders’ ... Read more »
- Pro Forma Invoices & Price Quotes – Webinar May 18, 2020
Many export transactions, particularly initial export transactions, begin with the receipt of an inquiry from abroad that is followed by a request for a quotation. A pro forma invoice is a quotation prepared in the format of an invoice; it is the preferred method in the exporting business. Read more »
- The Export Business Plan – Webinar May 15, 2020
The development of your export business plan includes conducting business and product assessment, readiness review, and researching potential foreign markets. As a result, you’ll be better prepared for the future and be more competitive and profitable. Read more »
- NIH SBIR/STTR Proposal Development & Commercialization Strategy – 2 Day Webcast May 12, 2020
We are pleased to invite all NC based researchers and small businesses to attend a highly acclaimed training course, now in its 3rd year. Sponsored this year by UNC’s Innovate Carolina, participants will have the opportunity to delve into the NIH SBIR/STTR proposal process and commercialization development strategy. This webcast event is no charge and ... Read more »
- HUD’s 3rd Annual Women-Owned Small Business Outreach Webinar Apr 15, 2020DESCRIPTION:
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) invites you to participate in the Women-Owned Small Business Outreach Webinar titled “Performance Matters: How to Keep and Win Future Government Contracts”. The webinar will be on April 22, 2020 at 10:00am – 12:00pm ET.
There will be a ... Read more »