Sign up here to receive our newsletters
- Award Winning Clients April 19, 2023Three SBTDC were recognized for excellence in the last month.Read more »
Mojotone CEO named SBA’s NC Small Business Person of the YearSBTDC client Mojotone’s CEO was named the SBA’s 2023 NC Small Business Person of the Year. Michael ...
- Music as a Business 101 April 19, 2023By Clay Howard, SBTDC Regional Center Director and accomplished musician A business based in music differs in many ways from other businesses, with the number one difference being that, in music, most likely the product you are selling is YOU – ...Read more »
- Burnout fueling turnover – and having significant impact on entrepreneurship April 18, 2023Source: Triangle Business Journal Burned out American workers frustrated by their 9-to-5 jobs are launching side hustles and full-blown businesses — part of a dramatic change in the business ecosystem brought about in part by the Covid-19 pandemic. That was a ...Read more »
- IBD Team Attends NASBITE International 2023 Annual Conference April 6, 2023SBTDC’s IBD team joined more than 150 international trade educators and trade specialists for the in-person NASBITE Annual Conference held March 28-30 in Annapolis, Maryland. NASBITE conferences are known for their “takeaway” value and networking opportunities, and the 2023 event was ...Read more »
- Ginny Vaca Stewards Sciencix to Become North Carolina’s SBA Exporter of the Year April 6, 2023WASHINGTON – Today, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) announced that Sciencix, headquartered in North Carolina, has been named the 2023 Small Business Exporter of the Year. The company will be recognized during SBA’s National Small Business Week, an annual ...Read more »
- 5 Critical Elements in Developing a Competitive SBIR/STTR Proposal March 13, 2023SBIR and STTR proposals are truly unique documents. They must meld together strong technical / scientific content with a robust understanding of the potential market and value creation possibilities. Often times it takes more than one attempt at submitting a ...Read more »