Preparing Future Leaders
About the Sessions
Strong leaders are vital for organizational success, growing them from within improves retention and your bottom line. Join us for this 4-part Leadership Training course with Dean Russell, certified DiSC facilitator. These Thursday sessions will be held July 28th to August 18th from 9:30 am to 4:00pm each day.
JULY 28 | Understanding & Managing Different Personalities
This session is designed to help managers attain greater knowledge of themselves, as well as others. The ability to interact effectively with people may be the difference between success and failure in our teams, work, and personal lives. Effective interaction starts with an accurate perception of you. You will gather information that quantifies how you see yourself and will receive a detailed personal personality report. People are most productive in an environment that is in harmony with their own natural behavior. By understanding what behavior the present environment requires, you can modify your behavior and remain comfortable and productive.
- General personality characteristics
- Different personalities value to the organization
- Checklist for communicating with different types
- Do’s and Don’t’s on communicating with different types
AUGUST 4 | Understanding Management Accountability, Roles & Responsibilities
This session is designed to help managers attain a greater knowledge of how to hold themselves and others accountable. The ability to communicate expectations of accountability and different roles enhances work performance. Managers will learn how to gather information that quantifies how to “put the right people in the right seat”. Managers will understand core basic responsibilities that they have to upper management, peers, internal customers, and employees.
- Above the Line/Below the Line Exercise
- Accountability Chart
- RACI (Responsibility, Accountability, Consulted, Informed) Chart
- Competency Matrix
- Avoiding Drive By Delegations
- People Analyzer
AUGUST 11 | Using Authority and Delegating Effectively
There is no one correct leadership style. The effective manager is someone who is flexible using all the styles and can vary his/her style depending upon the development level of the employee and the situation. The four distinct leadership styles that will be used in this workshop are: Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating.
- Knowing the difference between confidence and competence
- Knowing what style to apply based on the situation
- “Regression Effect”
- Learning the benefits of reading situations
- Using the tool “Delegate/Elevate”
AUGUST 18 | How to Coach and Train Right the 1st Time
This session is designed to help managers develop coaching and training/job instruction skills. Coaching is a process focused on cultivating the abilities of a person. Coaching is based upon a close partnership that is formed with trust and mutual responsibility. Training and job instruction are an investment in time and can greatly improve efficiency and quality of work. Managers learn how to transfer knowledge and make it stick the first time.
- The 5 C’s
- The “Will or Skill Problem”
- Helping employees gain skills and experience
- Dealing with experts who won’t document the process
- Job Instruction Process: Have You Done This Before?
- Show and Tell, Show and Tell Together, Show and Tell Back, Evaluation
- Adult Learning Theory
The sessions are $195 each, but you can Save $85
when purchasing all 4 sessions
by selecting the ALL SESSIONS PACK during online registration.