The Statewide Technology Commercialization Director has management oversight of the SBTDC’s Technology Group and programmatically supervises 5 or more professional SBTDC staff at distributed SBTDC regional centers across NC. The position will develop annual work plans for the Technology unit and will prepare a quarterly report on performance versus the development plans. Extensive inter-institutional contact with appropriate staff within the 16-campus University System will be expected. The position has responsibility for the development of new products and programs and will facilitate communication and technology transfer initiatives locally, statewide, and nationally. The position will manage and have oversight of existing technology-based student engagement programs, and will develop new programs as appropriate. The position will also manage and deploy the existing Investor Ready Entrepreneur program, updating content as appropriate, and will recruit subject matter expertise to facilitate.
The position serves on internal committees and work groups. The position will also be responsible to the State Director for special projects supporting initiatives of the SBTDC and other external organizations.
Significant marketing and outreach will be required. Moderate instructional/training activities will occur which support the SBTDC’s technology development and commercialization objectives. Applied research for various technology reports and publications will be performed.
Minimum Education / Experience
Master’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of related work experience in scientific or technical field, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with new product development and commercialization issues, national SBIR/STTR programs and other federal research and development initiatives.
- Strong analytical and planning abilities with superior written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with both the academic and business communities.
- Business counseling, consulting, advising or management experience.
- Familiarity with federal R&D funding mechanisms, private equity capital, and the SBTDC program.
- A Ph.D. in science or engineering is preferred, or three additional years of work experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.