This Marketing and Communication Specialist position independently supports the SBTDC’s marketing, branding and communications efforts. Areas of work include: graphics, public relations, writing, interviewing, design for print and digital media, and social media strategy and implementation.
The Marketing and Communication Specialist is responsible for:
- Developing the annual SBTDC publications plan. Manage communications projects (e.g. State of Small Business, Annual Report) from start to finish – creating schedules, conveying assignments, monitoring progress, and meeting deadlines.
- Applying thorough knowledge of design, writing, and editing to produce communications content. Ensure a consistent brand identity and oversee the statewide brand standards guide. Design SBTDC publications, print ads, brochures, flyers, business cards, stationary, and more. Create materials for statewide and regional events.
- Interviewing and photographing SBTDC clients across the state and writing success stories for the SBTDC Annual Report and other print and web use.
- Leading SBTDC new media efforts. Research and make recommendations for SBTDC statewide digital strategy. Develop social media plan. Determine social media content and platforms (including blogs, Twitter and LinkedIn) and schedule via an aggregator (e.g. Hootsuite).
- Writing and distributing press releases on a variety of topics; copyedit content for print and web publications.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Statewide Administrative Office (SAO) staff and field staff at SBTDC offices statewide. Provide communications guidance to staff around SBTDC branding, event-related publications, press releases, articles and social media. Work with SBTDC staff and partners to ensure that the SBTDC’s look and message is presented consistently.
- Providing branding and communications advice to SBTDC clients as requested.
- Working closely with the Web Manager on SBTDC website content and design, and provide back-up as needed.
- Maintaining familiarity with the SBTDC’s Strategic Plan, organizational structure, services, outcomes and impact, and effectively communicating this information internally and externally.
Minimum Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent graphic design skills.
- Superior written communication skills, including copy writing and editing.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong marketing / branding knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing and web development team.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of printing processes, including pre-pressing and color modes.
- Familiarity with copyright laws.
- Basic knowledge and experience using HTML 4/5 and CSS 3
- Experiences designing HTML email marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Photography experience
- 2+ years related experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.