The Procurement Counselor is responsible for expert-level counseling to small business clients on a variety of business issues with emphasis on how do to business with federal, state and local governments, and documenting/reporting all work activities. Other duties include client acquisition, marketing the organization and organizing/facilitating seminars.
- Provides government procurement assistance to individuals and businesses that are seeking to pursue and successfully fulfill contracting and subcontracting opportunities with Federal agencies, state of North Carolina and local governments.
- Provides comprehensive business advice and in-depth assistance to a sizable number of clients throughout an assigned multi-county geographic area, and cover additional counties when needed.
- Counseling aspect of this position includes one-on-one meetings, telephone, email, and other written communications.
- Adequately researching, preparing materials, and recommending courses of action to clients. Detailed documentation of activities is also essential.
Minimum Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in acquisition, contracting, or supply chain, and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- A Master’s degree in business administration and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience is highly preferred.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience in government procurement principles and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate, execute and deploy solutions to general business issues.
- Government contracting experience as well as general business experience is desired.
- The counselor must have the ability to handle multiple assignments, organize work and assign priorities with minimal supervision and must be self motivated.
- Some overnight travel is required. Public speaking experience is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.charlotte.edu.