This position is responsible for independently managing the day-to-day fiscal activities for the Small Business & Technology Developments Center’s (SBTDC) Federal award and related Statewide budget involving NCSU and all other UNC campuses hosting SBDTC staff. This position will maintain, oversee and report financial accounting data (direct award expenses, state cash match, and waived F&A) as it relates to statewide SBTDC activities. This also includes all program income activity – payments via check and credit cards. Provide regular reports and financial administrative support to the Associate State Director for Finance and Administration.
Minimum Education / Experience
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Requires knowledge of Federal (OMB Uniform Guidance), State, University, and award contractual rules, regulations, and policies on budgeting, expending, and financial reporting of grants, program income, and State funds.
- Required working knowledge of financial accounting systems, Excel, and databases.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to understand the problem and explore solutions to resolve the problem while adhering to Federal, State, and University rules and regulations.
- Must understand how each campus operates and interpret issues so that corrective action to the problem can also be addressed.
- Previous experience with state funds management and federal grant preparation & monitoring is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, or related field is highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably dealing with federal & state grant monitoring.
- NCSU financial experience and working knowledge of financial software (PeopleSoft).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.