Integrates technical capabilities and solutions across a broad spectrum of information technology disciplines in order to address the needs of an assigned client base: collaborates with engineers or developers to identify system data, hardware, or software components; develops system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures; ensures compatibility of system components; performs security analyses; develops project plans, schedules, or budgets. Note: This classification is not intended for individuals whose majority of work effort can be captured by one of the other more specialized EHRA IT professional classifications, nor is it intended for individuals whose role is primarily to provide routine technical or help desk support or manage information technology projects.
Essential job duties will include:
System Maintenance & Problem Solving
● Develop, implement and maintain procedures, manuals, systems and records, client files, surveys and evaluations.
● Monitor and review quality (quality control audits) of client and training files. Ensure that programmatic records and reports are accurate, complete and compliant according to relevant policies, procedures and other requirements.
● Manage permissions and access to Center IC in accordance with training and confidentiality requirements.
● Help to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and standards for the network and program.
● Format and submit/upload programmatic data through appropriate channels, such as EDMIS, ensuring deadlines are met and date communicated is accurate.
● Communicate with vendors on software and issues.
● Communicate with program partners on data requirements.
● Report and escalate appropriate data management issues or discrepancies related to data to appropriate contact.
● Maintain current data for network success rates, reporting and trending for other metrics.
Communication & Training
● Act as primary point of contact for network staff on database, systems and date matters.
● Provide expertise, training, troubleshooting and technical support to network staff and Lead Center, encouraging full utilization of the functionality available in Center IC and any other network-wide systems in use.
● Create guides and SOP to meet program requirements and promote efficient use of systems.
● Assist with SBTDC new employee on-boarding, orientation and training activities.
● Participate in special projects as assigned and product deliverables as it pertains to program goals.
● Provide input for program and network policies and procedures, implementation of data management policy, strategic planning, service delivery, training components, reporting tools and mechanisms, accreditation processes and management issues.
● Participate as a member of the department team, including monthly conference calls and quarterly meetings.
● Establish and maintain effective relationships with leadership, staff and various stakeholders to understand their needs.
Data Analysis & Reporting
● Design/create queries/reports to assist the network/Lead Center in understanding performance data and analysis to assist with operational improvement.
● Coordinate, manage and compile data required for annual participation in ASSOC Chrisman study, SBA economic impact study, and other required or requested data collection, to meet submission deadlines and requirements.
● Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports and other written materials.
● Assist the Deputy State Director with reporting and accreditation, including monthly Center IC reviews, quarterly EDMIS uploads and monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and surveys requested or required by the program partners/funders.
Networking & Market Research
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
● Keep abreast of program guidelines, policy changes and new developments in department programs.
● Identify, obtain and share professional development training to improve job performance and enable understanding and advancement department programs, in alignment with program direction, goals and budgeted funding.
● As appropriate, network with other SBDCs, PTACs, VBOCs and relevant stakeholders to both learn and promote the programs.
● Continuously research new trends, best practices and emerging platforms for client relations and data management.
Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree with zero – two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.