The Business Counselor is responsible for providing a minimum of 948 hours of individualized and confidential business counseling services to NC businesses, entrepreneurs, and university faculty annually. Key activities of this role also include promoting the SBTDC throughout the state and establishing/maintaining relationships with key strategic partners involved in economic development. Specific duties are as follows:
- The counselor is responsible for client counseling through direct face-to-face, videoconference, telephone, email, and other forms of communication.
- The counselor must ensure attention is given to both the technical/business issues as well as the affective/relationship issues.
- The counselor must demonstrate professional standards of conduct regarding client confidentiality, conflicts of interest, and professional behavior.
- To achieve client outcomes and impacts results that include capital formation, job creation/retention, new business starts, success, stories and client satisfaction.
Marketing & Outreach
The counselor will have responsibilities for marketing and promoting the SBTDC throughout a multi-county region served by the center, and to perform outreach and engagement activities with economic development offices, partner organizations, and legislative representatives that effectively positions the SBTDC in the marketplace.
The counselor is responsible for developing a portfolio of clients, maintenance of confidential client records, and reporting on program performance.
The counselor will assist with the design and delivery of training programs sponsored by the SBTDC.
Minimum Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Master’s degree in business administration or other related field and three years of relevant work experience or a bachelor’s of science degree in business and five additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Experience with conducting financial analysis; market planning; digital strategy; strategic management; and international trade.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.