May 12, 2023
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
ECU Willis Building - Greenville, NC
2023 NC Technology Commercialization Event Series
Early stage innovation-based businesses face a unique set of foundational challenges as they get off the ground and grow. The “Business of Innovation” is a workshop series offered in multiple locations throughout North Carolina that highlights the unique needs of innovation driven companies, including university spinouts.
Learn from experts in the areas of dilutive and non-dilutive funding, legal & IP, business development, and university tech transfer, and network with successful innovation-oriented entrepreneurs.
- SBIR/STTR Program Overview
- Funding resources specific to North Carolina
- Equity capital insights from angel funders
- One NC Small Business Match and Incentive Programs
- Legal considerations of setting up an Innovation business
- Accounting requirements and management
- Patent landscape analysis
- Logistics of university and business collaborations
- Success stories from local innovation businesses