The SBA’s All Small Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) has been called a potential Game Changer by federal contracting experts and could be the difference between dominating your competition or being dominated by them. It is a relatively new program in the world of federal contracting but has been historically available only to 8(a) firms for years.
There has been a lot of buzz about this new program since its launch in 2016. Unfortunately, many small businesses find it challenging to truly understand it, and even more so to take the next steps to find, attract, and secure THE RIGHT mentor and make the program and their mentor relationship work for their business.
In this presentation, former SBA Business Opportunity Specialist and Govology Co-founder Carroll Bernard will provide a brief overview of the SBA’s New All Small Mentor-Protégé Program, including the benefits of the program as well as the reasons for all the hype surrounding this program. For those interested in putting the SBA’s New All Small Mentor-Protégé Program to work for their business, he will also lay out a step-by-step roadmap of best practices to take the next steps, including:
- Where to look for great mentors, and which are right for your business
- How to pitch and sell yourself to potential mentors and teaming partners
- How to assess your needs and get what you want from your mentor
- What you must do before you apply
- Where to submit your application to the program
- How to develop a long-range opportunity forecast and why this is a must for Joint Ventures
- How to be strategic when using teaming and JV structures within the MPP
Who is the target audience? Small business owners or anyone working for a small business interested in securing a federal market mentor to help take their company to the next level.