The “FEDCON Summit” brings together over 600 representatives of the Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Fort Bragg, Marine Corps Installations East/Camp Lejeune, Seymour Johnson AFB, US Coast Guard, Department of Veterans Affairs, General Services Administration, other federal agencies and installations, general and specialty contractors, designers and construction suppliers throughout the southeast region of the United States.
- “Program and Issues Dialogues” address future projects and acquisition strategies (by military and government panelists), contractor experiences, teaming and supplier opportunities (by industry panelists) and other issues related to acquisition and execution of projects at military bases and government facilities in VA, NC, SC and GA.
- Environmental and infrastructure sessions provide info on federal opportunities in environmental engineering and remediation, energy and horizontal infrastructure (including roads and intersections, water, wastewater, natural gas and other utilities)
- Other Summit sessions address critical and timely topics, including supplier, service contract and public-private opportunities, small business programs and utilization, budget impacts, contracting processes and pre- and post-award legal issues for federal contractors
- Summit networking and trade show activities allow businesses to market their services and products to over 600 general contractors, specialty contractors, engineers, architects and suppliers
- In addition to the Summit on October 16, pre-Summit networking opportunities on October 15 include a golf event hosted and organized by the Cape Fear Post of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), a site visit to a local Wilmington District project and an evening Summit Social riverside adjacent to the Wilmington Convention Center – a huge hit from 2011-2014!
ATTENDANCE. Attendance is encouraged for:
- General and specialty contractors in VA, NC, SC and GA.
- Design firms in VA, NC, SC and GA.
- Construction supply and service contracting firms in VA, NC, SC and GA.
- Current federal primes seeking North Carolina partners and suppliers
NEW TO FEDCON THIS YEAR: SOUTHEAST MILITARY ENERGY ROUNDTABLE (MER).
In conjunction with the FEDCON Summit, the NCMBC and NC Sustainable Energy Association will co-host the Southeast Military Energy Roundtable on October 28th at the Wilmington Convention Center. The MER will provide a forum for the exchange of information tailored to address the needs of installations and federal agencies looking to meet mission requirements, federal goals and mandated targets for clean energy, including energy from renewable sources. The MER will focus on the needs and interests of military installations and federal facilities, the capacity of businesses in the southeast to meet those needs and interests, the changing statutory and regulatory environment regarding distributed generation, and the opportunities this creates for businesses to meet the federal and military demand for clean energy. FEDCON Summit attendees will have access to the MER thru their FEDCON Summit ticket purchase (participation must be noted on your registration).
Please contact Courtney Smedick if you have additional questions
- Registration, exhibiting, sponsorship, logistics: Courtney Smedick at firstname.lastname@example.org