SBA Webinar Series
Each year, thousands of companies have expanded and grown thanks to their participation in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone program. The mission of the HUBZone program is to promote job growth, capital investment, and economic development by providing contracting opportunities to small businesses located in these economically distressed communities. The federal government has a mandated contracting goal to award three percent of federal contracts to HUBZone firms. In fiscal year 2012, HUBZone firms received $8.01 billion in federal contracts.
The SBA will conduct two 45 minute webinars to help small businesses learn:
- how to obtain and maintain the HUBZone certification;
- how to form joint ventures;
- survive HUBZone status protests to contracts;
- compete for HUBZone contracts;
- maintain good recordkeeping to ensure compliance in the program;
- how affiliated businesses are evaluated; and
- and how to obtain HUBZone contracting requirements.
HUBZone Webinar Part I: December 3rd | 2:00-2:45 pm ET
The Dec. 3rd webinar will explain how HUBZone areas are designated, how to maintain HUBZone certification after an area loses designation and regulatory requirements.
Registration is free, but required: http://ems.intellor.com/?p=204850&do=register&t=71