Western North Carolina is home to thousands of innovative small businesses. Understanding the necessary legal protections for ideas, business names, concepts and products is essential to start and grow a sustainable business venture.
Attorney Alicia Vega and Product Commercialization Counselor Ryan Taylor will share important information about protecting your intellectual property.
Businesses with proprietary information, a unique name, or who have products with specialized techniques or ingredients should attend this no cost workshop and to learn how best to protect their investment.
Participants will leave the workshop with:
- A definition of the difference between trademark and copyright
- Examples of mistakes and successes from other small businesses
- An understanding of provisional application, utility and design patents
- Tips for success and mistakes to avoid
- Opportunity to ask questions during group Q + A
No cost to attend.
Hosted by Small Business & Technology Development Center at Western Carolina University and Sponsored by Lenior Rhyne University.
Advanced registration is required, space is limited.